1. Through the interface, as described in the process below
2. Utilizing the API to assign and remove licenses from users. More detail here
2. For large-scale license assignment, the Spanning Support team can assist you to do this. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
To assign licenses through the Spanning interface, please follow the steps below:
1. Log into your Spanning Backup for Office 365 Account as the admin user
2. Click the 'Manage Licenses' button in the upper-right corner of the screen
3. Search for the desired user account by searching for their name using the search bar or by scrolling to their name. To enable a backup license for a user, click the check icon next to their name.
4. Click Done to save the changes
- Spanning will synchronize with your tenant's Azure Active Directory to populate the Spanning Backup user list
- During a trial, organizations are limited to assigning 100 backup licenses