Spanning Backup bulk restore allows the user to undo a delete or update in bulk quickly, easily, and automatically from a specified point-in-time.
When using the bulk restore feature to restore updated or deleted items (whether currently in the recycle bin or permanently deleted), the user can restore all items in an object type at once, and choose whether or not to restore the related "child-grandchild" items when restoring the "parent" item.
To use the bulk restore feature, follow the steps below:
1. Log into your Spanning Backup for Salesforce account.
2. Click the 'Restore' button on the main dashboard.
3. Select if you want to restore your data back into the same org, or a different org. If you want to restore data to a different org, please see this Knowledge Base article.
4. Select the Object Type that you want to restore. (Note, that if you want to upload a CSV of your object IDs to select which objects to restore, please see this Knowledge Base article.)
5. Select the desired date range, and whether you want to display items that were updated, deleted, or both.
6. Select the items that you would like to restore. You can select as many items as you like to be included in the restore action. Additionally, you can preview the item by clicking the 'Preview' button before you restore the data. When ready, click Next.
7. Choose whether or not to include child objects in the restore, and click Next.
8. Confirm the pending changes. When ready, click Restore.
The selected data will then be restored into your Salesforce instance.