After installing/authorizing Spanning Backup for Office 365, you need to assign licenses to each of the users in your tenant that you want to be backed up. There are two methods of assigning licenses:
- Through the interface, as described in the process below
- Utilizing the API to assign and remove licenses from users. More details here.
To assign licenses through the Spanning interface, please follow the steps below:
- Log into your Spanning Backup for Office 365 Account as the admin user.
- Click the 'Manage Licenses' button in the upper-right corner of the screen
- Search for the desired user account by searching for their name using the search bar or by scrolling to their name. To enable a backup license for a user, click the check icon next to their name.
- Click Done to save the changes
- Spanning will synchronize with your tenant's Azure Active Directory to populate the Spanning Backup user list
- During a trial, organizations are limited to assigning 100 backup licenses
Please contact support if you have any questions.